Virginia Hannah Brown Scholarship
The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to graduating seniors from Tazewell High School located in Tazewell, Virginia, or from Richlands High School in Richlands, Virginia, who are furthering their education at any accredited two or four year college, university and/or technical school. The scholarship is primarily intended to provide financial assistance to students who have potential, but who may not otherwise qualify for other academic or athletic scholarships because of GPA or lack of involvement in extracurricular activities.
The students must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from Tazewell High School or Richlands High School;
- Have a 3.0 GPA for the last two years of high school;
- Have completed two of the following three classes each semester of high school: English, math and science;
- Demonstrate financial need for the scholarship; and
- Be enrolled (or enrolling) in an accredited two or four year college, university and/or technical school.
Scholarships will be sent directly to the school and will be made co-payable to the school and the student.
Scholarship amount is $3,000 per year, paid as $1,500 each semester upon meeting renewal criteria.
Each scholarship is renewable for up to four (4) years if the student remains enrolled in an accredited college, university or technical school; completes fifteen (15) credit hours each semester; and maintains a 3.0 GPA.
Note: Completion of the Education Budget is required to be considered for this opportunity. You may go back and edit your application at any time.