Reat Griffin Underwood Memorial Scholarship
Boyer & Corporon Wealth Management created this scholarship to honor the memory of Reat Griffin Underwood.
A rising star in so many ways, Reat was taken from this world much too soon. Singing and performing were Reat’s true passions, but he was also involved in sports and debate throughout his life. As a Boy Scout, Reat understood the importance of “giving back” to his community. He was working to complete his Eagle Scout Project for Operation Breakthrough. Reat and his grandfather were taken from us on April 13, 2014, in a local hate crime.
Read more about Reat here
Students eligible for this scholarship shall meet the following requirements:
- High school seniors with a minimum 3.0 GPA (unweighted);
- Must be pursuing a performing arts degree;
- Live in the greater Kansas City area (Jackson, Clay, Platte and Cass counties in MO and Johnson and Wyandotte in KS)
- Must submit a video or audio clip of no more than 5 minutes of themselves in a performing art.
- Must be available to receive an award at SevenDays LOVE day on April 10, 2018.
Must be enrolled full time to remain eligible for this scholarship and maintain a 3.0 GPA.