Zonta Club of Johnson County, Kansas Scholarship Fund
The purpose of the Zonta Club of Johnson, County Kansas Scholarship Fund shall be to provide scholarships to encourage more young women to seek post-secondary education with plans to participate in public and political life by recognizing a commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements, international awareness and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following:
- Be a resident of Johnson County, Kansas, or a surrounding county, including Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Douglas, Miami, and Franklin, at the time of application;
- Be a graduating senior and on track to graduate during the academic year in which application is made;
- Be planning to attend an accredited college or university in the United States;
- Demonstrate a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA;
- Plan to enroll on a full-time basis, beginning within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded;
- Demonstrate experience in local or student government;
- Be knowledgeable of Zonta International and its programs;
- Demonstrate evidence of advocating on behalf of Zonta International’s mission to advance the status of women worldwide;
- Provide two letters of reference from adults who are not related to the applicant
AMOUNT: Up to $1,000.00 non-renewable award; may be used to cover tuition, fees, or other school expenses.
Please note: This scholarship is only accepting PDF applications this year. Please complete the PDF application and upload to your application.
YWPA Application information