Go-Long Scholarship Fund
The Go-Long mantra is to give of oneself, live life fully and to never give up. The Go-Long team was formed in 2002 when a group of football-loving friends decided to give back. Go-Long decided they would seek to enrich the lives of young people who aspired to attend college. They did this by creating a yard work and neighborhood beautification business, in which 100% of all earnings would go to the Go-Long Scholarship Fund. In addition, the Go-Long volunteer team provides scholarship recipients with neighborhood beautification service projects, which raise funds to fuel the next class of Go-Long scholars.
The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to students in the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school located in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area;
- Intend to continue their education through a two or four-year college and/or technical school;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Continue to attend classes as a full-time student;
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average (or equivalent); and
- Submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
Students receiving the scholarship will be expected to complete at least 8 hours of community service when they receive the award.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments in August and January. Scholarship amounts may vary and are non-renewable.
The deadline is March 1st.