Honeywell Opportunity for Prosperity through Education Scholarship - New Mexico
The purpose of this scholarship fund is to provide talented high school students who are economically challenged with a funded path to a post secondary degree focused on a career in a manufacturing trade or technical profession.
To be eligible you must be a high school senior, and:
- have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (unweighted) in their senior year,
- plan to pursue a manufacturing or trade degree (Associate in Applied Science or certificate trade program), and
- must be graduating from a high school in the Albuquerque Community.
Community service and extracurricular activities are a plus.
- Supplemental Questions
- What was your GPA the fall semester of your senior year?
- Please provide at least 3-5 sentences answering the following essay questions:
- A. Why do you think a trade/technical program is the right path for you? How would the HOPE program help you achieve your career goals?
- B. Do you have any barriers to paying for college courses? If so, please describe these barriers.
- C. Tell us a little about yourself. What drives you to succeed? What strategies will you use to ensure your success in the HOPE program and your college courses? (example: attend all classes)