Friends of 1972 Classmates Allen and Shelly Erskine Scholarship Fund
The purpose of this fund is to provide assistance to students at East High School is Sioux City, IA, attending a Vocational, Technical School or Trade Program.
Scholarship will help cover Tuition, Fees, Books, any required course-related expenses, room/board, and other educational expenses (ie summer courses, test prep courses of equipment) for students who plan to attend a vocational, technical, or trade program.
Scholarship Amount: $2500.00 (one-time award)
A one-time payment will be made to the school/training facility after the recipient has notified the foundation of the name of the school, address, contact person/email address, and phone number.
• Current high school senior with a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPS who is planning to continue their post-secondary education as a full-time student at a two-year college and/or vocational/technical school.
• Must have a 90% attendance rate while attending East High School.
• Must have been enrolled at East High School for at least 3 of the 4 years during their high school career.
• Complete essay questions submitted to East High Counseling Office by March 15
• Individuals not eligible to receive a scholarship from the fund: a founder of the fund, a person in whose honor the fund is created, a committee member of the fund, a donor to the fund, or any family member (children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, siblings, nieces/nephews, and any spouses) of any of these individuals.
Scholarship Deadline Date: March 15
• Notification will be given to recipients by April 28, 2023.
• Recipient must notify the foundation by June 30, 2023, with information as to where to make the payment.