James R. Goheen Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide assistance to qualified high school seniors to attend post secondary programs.
In order to be eligible for an award from the James R. Goheen Scholarship Fund, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. High School Senior, preparing to graduate from one of the high schools within Unified District No. 500.
2. Applicant must be planning to attend a four-year college or university or two-year community college. No persons pursuing vocational technical study programs shall be eligible for an award. No other limitations are placed on expected field of study.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicant must submit a completed application form together with a minimum of one leter of recommendation by the announced deadline.
Applicants shall be considered on the basis of the completed applications received by the Advisory Committee. No individual applicant interviews will be conductedd. Each applicant who meets the requirements above will be considered for an award based upon the Advisory Committee’s assessment of the following factors:
1. Leadership potential
2. School and community involvement
3. Financial need will be considered but will not be the determinative factor.
4. Academic performance will be considered but not the determinative factor.