CRKC Fendler Family Scholarship
The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to graduates of Cristo Rey Kansas City High School who plan to continue their education at Rockhurst University.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduating senior or previous graduate of Cristo Rey Kansas City High School;
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Have been accepted into and enrolled in Rockhurst University as a full-time undergraduate student for the upcoming academic year;
- Entering college freshman are required to reside on campus; and
- Plan to perform at least 10 hours of community service per year at Rockhurst University, as documented by the Rockhurst University Office of Service Learning.
Strong preference may be given to entering college sophomores that will reside on campus. Preference may be given to students demonstrating financial need. Consideration may also be given to the applicant’s involvement in extracurricular activities in school or in the community.
Four awards annually of up to $10,000 per academic year to be disbursed in two equal payments in August and January.
Previous recipients may renew their scholarship award if they meet the following criteria:
- continue to be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Rockhurst University;
- have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5; and
- have performed at least 10 hours of community service in the previous year at Rockhurst University, as documented by the Rockhurst University Office of Service Learning, and plan to perform at least 10 hours of additional community service in the upcoming academic year. It is strongly suggested that entering college sophomores reside on campus.