Todd Epsten Memorial Scholarship
This opportunity was established in 2014 in honor of Major Brands’ third-generation leader, Todd H. Epsten, who lost his brave battle with brain cancer in 2012. The scholarship provides aid to several students each year, whose academic efforts and community involvement reflect Todd’s commitment to “building our business by building the communities we serve.” Students must be a spouse/domestic partner, child or grandchild of a current full-time employee of Major Brands, Eagle Brands Sales or Double Eagle Distributing who will be or are attending a community college, professional program, undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college. This scholarship program is family funded.
Students eligible for assistance shall be:
- A current full-time employee or the spouse/domestic partner, child or grandchild of a current full-time employee of Major Brands, Eagle Brands Sales, or Double Eagle Distributing.
- Pursuing a specialized certification, an undergraduate or graduate degree;
- Enrolled in or entering a two-year or four-year college or university, or a specialized certification program;
- Maintain a full time course load for an undergraduate or graduate degree; or demonstrate a commitment to minimum hours required for a specialized certification program; and
- Demonstrate a GPA of 2.5 or above on last degree completed. A current transcript must be included with the application.
Scholarship selection will be based on merit and financial need.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments in August and January, up to $5,000 per academic year (up to $2,500 per semester) provided the recipient remains enrolled in the required number of hours and maintains a 2.5 GPA. Payments for a specialized certification will be disbursed in a single payment during the first month of classes.