Lift the Spirit Scholarship Fund
At DEMDACO, we strive to lift the spirit in our consumers, in each other, and in our communities. We believe in supporting families and the communities in which our colleagues live and work, and we believe that a commitment to education is an important investment in the lives of young people. The purpose of the Scholarship Fund shall be to provide scholarships to children, stepchildren, or grandchildren of employees of DEMDACO who intend to further their education at a two-year or four-year college or university, or a trade or vocational school. Eligible employees are those individuals who have been employed full-time at DEMDACO for at least two years at the time of application.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a natural, adoptive child of, stepchild, or grandchild or step-grandchildof a current employee of DEMDACO for at least two (2) years at the time of the student’s original application.
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student (or its equivalent) at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, trade school or technical school; and
- Be at least age 16, but no older than the age of 26
And should demonstrate the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (unweighted)
- Involvement in extracurricular activities (community involvement, school activities, participation in sports, performing arts, employment and/or other time-consuming activities while in school).
- Submit an essay via the application provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
- Provide two (2) letters of reference from individuals who are non-relatives that either have observed you lifting the spirit of others, or you have lifted their spirits.