Soroptimist International of Kansas City Northland Healthcare Scholarship
The Soroptimist International of Kansas City Northland Healthcare Scholarship provides an annual scholarship for a young woman going into her first year in a healthcare field.
To be eligible for a Soroptimist International of Kansas City Northland Healthcare Scholarship the student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a female graduating senior of a high school in the North Kansas City School District, Park Hill School District or Platte County R-III School District, or of Smithville High School or St. Pius X High School; and
- Be entering an institution of higher education and enrolling in a B.S. or above designated healthcare degree program.
The following information are required upon completion of the online application:
- Personal Essay (include information concerning your career plans, interests, and activities in school, church, community and listing any honors or awards and additional information that would be helpful) to the scholarship committee)
- Grade Transcript
- Schedule of Classes for your Senior Year
- Two Letters of Recommendation (letters may be from teachers, employers, or others; DO NOT submit letters from relatives, a pastor or your counselor)
The scholarship will be paid directly to the college or university that the scholarship recipient attends in two equal installments for each semester of the student’s freshman year.