Hispanic Development Fund (High School Seniors)

For more than 35 years, the Hispanic Development Fund Scholarship Program has encouraged Hispanic youth to attend college and accomplish their personal goals by awarding more than 4,000 scholarships totaling over $6 million to Kansas City-area students.

To qualify for an HDF Scholarship, students must:

  • Be of Hispanic Heritage.
  • Be high school seniors, graduating from a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school. (The Greater Kansas City metropolitan area is generally defined as Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties.)
  • Attend/have attended a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school for the last three years prior to graduation.
  • Accepted or enrolled in a fully accredited college or university and working toward an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree. (Applicants attending vocational or trade schools are ineligible.)
  • Enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student. (A minimum 12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate.)

Scholarship applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:

  • Proven academic merit as reflected in GPA and answer to essay question.
  • Demonstrated need for financial assistance as exhibited by family’s gross income, size of family, and other financial need.
  • Demonstrated community involvement as reflected in the application.

Supplemental Questions
  1. Background Information
    • A. What is your country of birth?
    • B. What is your family heritage?
    • C. If other, please describe your family heritage.
    • D. Are you bilingual in Spanish?
  2. Composite ACT score
  3. Do you plan to take the ACT at a future date? Please provide the date if so.
  4. Parent/Guardian Information
    • Parent/Guardian 1: Highest level of education
    • Parent/Guardian 1: Nationality
    • Parent/Guardian 2: Highest level of education
    • Parent/Guardian 2: Nationality
  5. Upload a copy of your parents' 2018 or 2019 tax form 1040, (P 1-2) or 1040EZ (P 1). Only upload YOUR tax form if you are considered an independent student by the school you are attending.
  6. Show 8 more