John A. Grindel Memorial Scholarship
The John A. Grindel Memorial Scholarship Fund was established to honor the values of John A. Grindel including his commitment to community and his love of learning.
Scholarships from the John A. Grindel Memorial Scholarship Fund shall be for post-secondary education to graduating seniors from Winnetonka High School in Kansas City, Missouri.
Students eligible to apply shall fit the following qualifications:
- Be a graduating senior from Winnetonka High School in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Accepted to a public or private college, university or technical school.
- Be an active member in one or more of the following school programs: athletic team (player or manager), band, debate team or drama/theater club.
- Be involved in community service above the required hours needed for graduation.
- Exhibit high moral conduct.
Applications must be submitted online to the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation at www.growyourgiving.org/scholarships and must include:
- Completed application form (includes essay).
- Letter of acceptance to a public or private college, university or technical school.
- Current transcript.
- Two personal references.
The individual receiving the scholarship will be announced at the Winnetonka High School senior recognition night before commencement.
The scholarship award total is $500.00 for the student’s freshman year. It will be payable to the institution and the student and mailed to the institution’s financial aid office.