IBT Industrial Solutions Scholarship
IBT Industrial Solutions believes a college education is an important investment in the lives of young people. The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to children or grandchildren of employees of IBT Industrial Solutions who intend to further their education at a two-year or four-year college or university, or a trade or vocational school. Employees are those individuals who are employed full-time at the time of application.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a natural, step child, adoptive child of or grandchild of a current employee of IBT Industrial Solutions for at least one (1) year at the time of the student’s original application.
- Be at least age sixteen (16) but no older than age twenty-six (26);
- Provide proof of US citizenship;
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student (or its equivalent) at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university (including an accredited on-line college or university), trade school or technical school in the upcoming year; and
Demonstrate the following:
- financial need and
- academic achievement (GPA based on a four-point system, class rank and/or ACT/SAT test scores) and
- involvement in extracurricular activities (community involvement, school activities, participation in sports, performing arts, employment and/or other time-consuming activities while in school).
This is a one-time award. Previous recipients are not eligible to reapply.
All award recipients will be notified by email no later than May 31.
Note to Applicant:
Scholarship recipient selection is made by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Scholarship applications are evaluated as follows: 50% financial need, 25% academic achievement and 25% extracurricular activities. All correspondence will be directly with the applicant. Please direct any questions about the scholarship to the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, (816) 627-3436 or firstname.lastname@example.org.