Arthur Schroeder Teacher Education Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to award a student “who has exhibited an enthusiasm and passion for teaching and a desire to pursue education with the goal of becoming a teacher.”
Students eligible for assistance shall:
- Graduate from North Kansas City High School.
- Plan to pursue an education with the goal of becoming a teacher.
- Supplemental Questions
- Class Rank (e.g., 12/400 *400 students in your class and you are ranked 12th*)
- Please upload your first letter of recommendation from a current or past teacher.
- Please upload your second letter of recommendation from a current or past teacher.
- Teaching area:
- Briefly explain your philosophy (beliefs) of education and why you want to become a teacher.
- If you were a classroom teacher, how would you respond to the following situation: You are collecting an assignmnet from your class. One student approaches you and say that his computer broke last night and he wasn’t able to complete the assignment.
- As a classroom teacher, under what circumstances do you believe parents should be contacted?
- As a classroom teacher, what will be your main goal in the classroom? How will you know if this goal has been reached?
- Show 3 more