General Hospital #2 Perpetual Trust Fund
To provide scholarships for African-American students enrolled in the Registered Nursing program in any accredited school of nursing in the five county Greater Kansas City area (Jackson, Clay and Platte Counties in Missouri; and Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas) and in St. Joseph, Missouri.
Students eligible for assistance shall be:
- Enrolled in the Registered Nursing Program
- Show demonstrated financial need.
- Continue to attend classes as a full time student
- Submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Foundation.
Application must include:
- Written essay regarding why you chose the field of nursing and what this award would mean to you.
- Transcript of academic standing including GPA
- Recent passport picture
- Two references from persons familiar with your academic performance.
- One reference from a non-related person who can comment on your maturity, motivation and commitment.
Scholarships will be awarded on a bi-annual basis and disbursed in one payment in either August or January. Minimum of $500 per year. Checks are made co-payable to the school of attendance and the recipient, and mailed directly to the school.