I-70 Community Hospital Education Foundation Scholarship Fund - College Students
To enhance the hospital and community by providing scholarships in the healthcare field, with an emphasis on rural healthcare, and in other ancillary fields deemed appropriate by the scholarship advisory committee.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Saline, Lafayette, Johnson, or Pettis Counties in Missouri, which serve as the I-70 Community Hospital service area;
- Be seeking a post-secondary education in the healthcare field or other ancillary field deemed appropriate by the scholarship committee;
- Plan to enter a healthcare career in their medical field within the I-70 Community Hospital Service area, which includes Saline, Lafayette, Johnson and Pettis Counties in Missouri;
- Attend an accredited two or four-year college or technical school; and
- Maintain a post-secondary cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A full-time coursework load of 12 credit hours per semester is strongly encouraged.
Applications must have the following items attached:
- college transcripts or GED scores;
- Non-students, if employed, must provide work history for two years prior from employer or supervisor;
FAFSA Student Aid Report; and
- Two letters of recommendation from an employer, coworker, teacher, friend and/or minster stating character, need, aptitude and emotional stability.
The award is $1,000.00 per semester. The advisory committee reserves the right to accept or reject any and all applications.Renewal of scholarship awards is at the discretion of the scholarship advisory committee. Previous recipients should refer to their award letter for renewal eligibility requirements.