Carol T. Berner Women in STEM Scholarship Fund
The purpose of this fund is to encourage women in Missouri to be active and succeed in science, technology, engineering, and math.
Carol T. Berner M.D. was a believer in music, art, and equality. Since very young, she was consistently being dissuaded from her goals. By the time she was accepted to Medical school at Saint Louis University, she was one of the only females in her class. She was unceasing in her care for her patient’s, family, and friends. Her belief in equality extended to them all.
We hope to choose 3 deserving women and honor them with a yearly $5,000 scholarship.
Students eligible for this scholarship will be:
1. Residents of Missouri
2. High school seniors or college students with a 3.0 GPA
3. Pursuing a degree in any science major, technology, engineering or math.
Students are able to reapply each year.
- Supplemental Questions
- Composite ACT and/or SAT Score(s) (specify which exam, date taken and if SAT, specify Critical Reading, Math and Writing Scores)
- Attach a copy of the official record of your ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from someone in the STEM field.
- Upload a letter of recommendation from a STEM faculty member (professor, teacher, etc.)
- ESSAY (500-700 words): Describe yourself and why you want to pursue an education in the STEM field? What do you hope to do with your education and how will the scholarship help you obtain your goals?