Jenese Lynn Krysa Scholarship Fund
The purpose of the Jenese Lynn Krysa Scholarship Fund is to provide an annual scholarship to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates or graduate students, who intend to further their education at a two-year or four-year accredited college or university in the state of Missouri, and are pursuing a degree in Accounting, Business or Marketing.
The students eligible for assistance shall:
- be graduating seniors, undergraduates, or graduate students who are U.S. citizens;
- have a permanent address in Jackson County, Missouri (preference will be given to students residing in Lee’s Summit or Eastern Jackson County, Missouri);
- have a minimum unweighted 3.2 cumulative GPA (high school or college) based on a 4.0 scale; and
- be pursuing a degree in Accounting, Business or Marketing at a college/university in Missouri.
A minimum of one (1) $2,000 scholarship annually to be paid in two equal installments of $1,000 each to the educational institution in the account of the recipient.
This is a one-time scholarship with no renewal.
For a biography of Jenese Lynn Krysa, click here.
- Supplemental Questions
- In essay form please respond to the following items (essay to be 500 word minimum, 750 word maximum): (1) Why did you select your college/university? (2) Why did you select your inteded field of study? (3) What do you hope to do with your college education? (4) What are your motivations for advanced education? (5) What singles you out to be the recipient of this scholarship? (6) Who inspires you? and (7) Reflecting on the life of Jenese Lynn Krysa, describe your relationship with your parents and/or guardians. Who has been your strongest maternal role model and why? To view the biography of Jenese Lynn Krysa, please click on the link in the description.
- Referring back to the school and extracurricular/community involvement portion of your application, please describe how these experiences (participation in a particular activity, leadership position or honor received) have helped you grow as an individual and student.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 1) Please upload your first reference letter
- 2) Please upload your second reference letter