Stephen R. and Dorothy M. Pratt Scholarship
The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to one graduating senior from North Kansas City High School and one graduating senior from Excelsior Springs High School. Excelsior Springs High School graduate must plan to major in music.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from Excelsior Springs High School or North Kansas City High School;
- Plan on enrolling in college;
- Must have maintained a 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate financial need; and
- Excelsior Springs High School applicants must plan to major in music.
To be considered the student is required to attach:
- Current transcript,
- Letter of recommendation,
- FAFSA Student Aid Report, and
- Financial aid award letters, if applicable.
Awards are renewable for up to a total of 4 years (8 semesters) provided you continue to meet the criteria. To remain eligible you must maintain a GPA of 3.0 during the first year of college and a 3.5 GPA each year after. You must provide your most recent cumulative transcript to the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation after each grading period to release future payments.
North Kansas City High School: $1,500
Excelsior Springs High School $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach your FAFSA Student Aid Report for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Please attach any financial aid award letters you have received.
- Referring back to the Education Budget portion of your General Application, if you have not applied for other forms of financial aid, including other scholarships, grants, loans and/or work-study, please give your reason for not applying for financial aid.
- Please attach one (1) letter of reference from an individual other than a family member that speaks to your character, academic potential, and community involvement.