William L. Corporon, MD Memorial Scholarship
BCWM created this scholarship to honor the memory of Dr. William L. Corporon.
As a physician, husband, father, and grandfather, Dr. Corporon spent his life helping and caring for others. He spent most of his career in Duncan, Oklahoma providing health care to his patients. However, when his daughter and grandson moved to Kansas City, he and his wife quickly followed. Family meant everything to them. While in Kansas City, Dr. Corporon continued his medical practice and was also able to stay involved in various hobbies, which included theater, reading, and hunting. Dr. Corporon and his grandson were taken from us on April 13, 2014, in a local hate crime.
Read more about Dr. Corporon here
Students eligible for this scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current junior or senior in college;
- Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher;
- Plan to become a physician;
- Live in the greater Kansas City area (Jackson, Clay, Platte and Cass counties in MO and Johnson and Wyandotte in KS)
Previous recipients are not eligible to reapply.
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you plan to be a physician?
- In an essay of 500 words or less, why do you want to become a doctor?
- Please attach a letter of recommendation from someone outside your family.