Marvin Brooks Educational Fund (Renewal)
The Marvin Brooks Educational Fund continues Marvin Brooks’ dream of compassionate service to others through education. He devoted his life to education as a teacher, principal and leader in the Kansas City School District. The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to graduated seniors from high schools in Jackson County, Missouri, who have previously been awarded the Marvin Brooks Educational Fund Scholarship and continue to further their education at a two-year or four-year college or university or technical school.
The students eligible for assistance shall:
- Be a previous Marvin Brooks Educational Fund Scholarship recipient;
- demonstrate financial need;
- demonstrate academic progress on their transcripts showing minimum GPA of 2.5; and
- must plan to further their education at a two-year or four-year college or university or technical school.
Scholarships will be supplemental for students who have already earned other scholarships. The scholarship is renewable provided students reapply annually, continue to attend classes and demonstrate academic progress on their transcripts.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been previously awarded from the scholarship fund named above?
- If yes, how many years have you received the scholarship?
- Attach a copy of your 1040EZ, 1040A or 1040 IRS Forms filed by all household members (use most recent)
- What is your resident status?
- Tell us why you should be re-considered for the Marvin Brooks Educational Fund Scholarship. Explain your life goals.