Kevin Lang Scholarship Fund
The Kevin Lang Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 by his family to honor the life of Kevin Lang. Contributions to the Fund have been made by Kevin’s family and friends. Kevin was 17 and a junior at Blue Valley Northwest High School when he passed away from suicide on May 16, 2010. He loved sports and participated in football, basketball, track and lacrosse. Kevin was the most passionate and talented in football and excelled at the positions of safety, wide receiver and quarterback. He hoped to play football in college and become a teacher and a coach. Kevin was a strong, independent young man with a big heart. He was a loyal friend with a sense of adventure and a mischievous sense of humor. He loved to ride four wheelers, sit around the campfire and eat s’mores and play with his dog Ricky. Kevin enjoyed giving to others and would be honored for someone to have this scholarship in his memory. He will always be loved and greatly missed.
The purpose of the Kevin Lang Scholarship Fund shall be to provide a scholarship to a graduating senior at Blue Valley Northwest High School who played football at Blue Valley Northwest and who intends to further their education at a two-year or four-year college or university.
*The student eligible for assistance shall: *
- Be a graduating senior from Blue Valley Northwest High School who played football at Blue Valley Northwest;
- Intend to further their education at a two-year or four-year college or university; and
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Consideration may also be given to the student’s financial need.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please discuss what makes you uniquely qualified to receive this scholarship.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 1) Please upload your first reference letter
- 2) Please upload your second reference letter