Megan E. Taylor Memorial Scholarship Fund - Shawnee Mission South High School (Renewals)
Established by William and Marilyn Taylor in memory of their daughter, Megan E. Taylor, the fund will provide four-year scholarships to females graduating from Shawnee Mission South High School. Students must be in the top one-third of their graduating class, demonstrate financial need and embody some of the ideals, traits and interests of Megan E. Taylor.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following:
- Be a graduating female at Shawnee Mission South High School;
- Be in the top one-third of their graduating class;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Have interests in the areas of religion, music, dance, volunteerism and/or Hispanic heritage.
Scholarships may be used at any public or private institution; however, scholarship awards will generally be based on the “expected family contribution” per the FAFSA Student Aid Report compared to the in-state cost at a Kansas college or university.
Amount: Approximately $2,500 per year for a four-year college and a lesser amount for a community college
Renewal: Previous scholarship recipients may re-apply by May 15 of each year to renew their scholarship for up to three additional years. To remain eligible for the scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above and be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been previously awarded from the scholarship fund named above?
- If yes, how many years have you received the scholarship?
- Please attach your FAFSA Student Aid Report for the 2023-2024 academic year.