Dr. John and Mary Martin Scholarship Fund
This fund was established to honor Dr. Martin and Mrs. Martin’s service as educators. The fund shall provide scholarship assistance to support the college-going ambitions of graduating seniors of Grandview High School who aspire to teaching careers in the field of pre-K through grade 12 education. Preference shall be given to students who are underrepresented in their area of focus within the education field; for example, males of color in pre-school or elementary school.
The students eligible for assistance shall be:
- High school senior at Grandview High School with a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale; and
- Pursuing a degree and a career in pre-k through grade 12 education.
Students who receive this scholarship may reapply to be considered for renewal each year by the deadline. A new application must be submitted.
- Supplemental Questions
- Attach your first of two (2) required letters of recommendation from school professionals (as examples, a teacher, counselor or coach).
- Attach your second of two (2) required letters of recommendation from a school professional.
- Submit your college letter of acceptance.
- Prepare and submit an essay of 500 words answering one or a combination of the following: Why do you want to be an educator? As an educator, what special characteristics will you bring to your classrooms and students? What do you expect to accomplish in your career as an educator? Extracurricular activity and community service: What the experiences were, the effect they had on you, and your biggest "take-away" from your participation in them?