Kansas City Direct Marketing Jack Schmid Scholarship Application
In 1995, the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association Education Foundation, known as KCDMAEF, was established as an entity independent of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association. The mission of the KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Fund is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The Kansas City Direct Marketing Association (KCDMA) provided the initial funding for the Jack Schmid Scholarship and will continue to build its general fund through fund-raising event(s), memorial gifts, and gifts from individuals or companies interested in the future of direct marketing in Kansas City.
What must you do to be considered for a scholarship award?
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit and the recipient’s potential contribution to the practice of direct marketing in the Kansas City region.
To be eligible for a scholarship from the KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Fund, you must meet these criteria:
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited Degree or Certification Program in the greater Kansas City region.
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan for the fall 2023 semester with a course or series of courses relating to the practice of marketing.
- Provide proof of previous scholastic achievement proving a minimum 3.0 grade point average or equivalent mastery of marketing concepts and practice.
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Complete scholarship application to the KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Fund (c/o GKCCF.com) by May 15.
If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, what will KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Fund expect from you?
All recipients will be required to:
1. Submit a college life update for the end of the scholarship year (to be used in donor communications).
2. Sign a waiver for release of your picture and contact information.
What does the scholarship include?
1. Financial assistance in the amount of $1,000 per year.
2. Eligible for a subsequent annual scholarship based on:
a. Marketing coursework.
c. Letter explaining your experience of the last year considering coursework and why you would be a suitable candidate.
3. Support and Counsel of a mentor from the Jack Schmid Scholarship Committee.
How do you apply?
1. Complete the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation General Application and College Student application.
2. Once your application is complete and submitted, then search for the Jack Schmid Scholarship in the “Recommended Opportunities” list provided by GKCCF.
3. In the box marked ‘Essay’ state your thoughts about the following topics:
a. Explain the importance of direct marketing in today’s society.
b. What do you think the direct marketing industry will be like in the next 10 years?
c. Your expectations for applying your direct marketing knowledge upon graduation?
d. Your special qualifications as a Scholarship Applicant
4. One letter of recommendation (upload with scholarship application)
How will you know if you are chosen to receive a scholarship?
Selected applicants will be notified by the Scholarship Selection Committee. The final determination will be made by the end of May. The decision of the KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Selection Committee is final. Re-application is necessary to be considered for future scholarship awards (see above).