Astronomical Society of Kansas City Astronomy Scholarship Fund
This fund was established by the Astronomical Society of Kansas City to provide academic scholarships to students who have expressed an interest in studying Astronomy, or a related field, and have been accepted into the Department of Physics at University of Missouri-Kansas City. Scholarship support must be used for tuition and/or class-related materials (i.e. textbooks, lab fees, equipment).
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (both in overall courses and also in Astronomy and Physics core courses (300- level or higher).
- Be already engaged in the extensive study of Astronomy, Astrophysics or related fields. The term “extensive study” means that the student will have completed at least one upper-division (3 credit hours at the 300-level or higher) Astronomy course or be involved in scientific research and provide a brief letter from their research mentor.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Application on a form provided by the Foundation here? https://gkccf.academicworks.com/opportunities/4394
- A 1-2 page essay describing career goals in Astronomy or related field or the student’s current field of study. (If renewal, provide any research accomplished or paper published during the previous year.)
- Current transcript (unofficial transcript is sufficient)