James R. Goheen Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide assistance to qualified high school seniors to attend post secondary programs.
Students eligible for assistance shall:
- Be high school seniors preparing to graduate from one of the high schools within Unified District No. 500.
- Be planning to attend a four-year college or university or two-year community college. No persons pursuing vocational technical study programs shall be eligible for an award. No other limitations are placed on expected field of study.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit a completed application form together with a minimum of one letter of recommendation by the announced deadline.
Applicants shall be considered on the basis of the completed applications received by the Advisory Committee. No individual applicant interviews will be conducted. Each applicant who meets the requirements above will be considered for an award based upon the Advisory Committee’s assessment of the following factors:
- Leadership potential
- School and community involvement
- Financial need will be considered but will not be the determinate factor.
- Academic performance will be considered but not the determinate factor.