Hallifax Scholarship for Mothers
The Hallifax Scholarship for Mothers Fund is designed to benefit mothers currently enrolled in a career-focused degree program at Johnson County Community College in the state of Kansas.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a single or married mother;
- Be currently enrolled or plan to enroll in a career-focused degree program at Johnson County Community College;
- Have a total family income of less than $30,000 per year; and
- Have a past academic GPA of 2.25 (C+) or above on a 4.0 scale.
The online application form must include:
1. Current official transcript (unofficial transcripts will not be accepted);
2. Any financial aid award notification letters;
3. Copy of your most recent tax return; and
4. Statement of intent describing your educational goals and plans for achieving these goals.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in January. Scholarship recipients may re-apply for this scholarship annually if they continue to meet the eligibility criteria stated above and submit a new application by the deadline each year. Checks are made co-payable to the school and the recipient and mailed directly to the school.
The award amount is $600 for the spring semester.
Note: Completion of the Education Budget is required to be considered for this opportunity. You may go back and edit your application at any time.