HDF Trade/Certificate Scholarship Program
The purpose of this scholarship fund is to support talented Hispanic high school students who are focused on pursuing a career in a manufacturing trade or technical profession.
Students eligible for assistance must be:
- Be of Hispanic/Latino heritage
- High school senior, or currently enrolled in a trade or certificate program at Metropolitan Community College, Johnson County Community College, or Kansas City Kansas Community College, and:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 (unweighted),
- Plan to pursue a manufacturing or trade degree (Associate in Applied Science or certificate trade program), and
- Attend or have attended a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school for the last three years prior to graduation.
- Graduating or have graduated from a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school or obtain a general equivalency diploma (GED) from a local organization. (The Greater Kansas City metropolitan area is generally defined as Clay, Jackson,
- Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties.)
- Community service and extracurricular activities are a plus.
- Supplemental Questions
- What was your GPA the fall semester of your senior year?
- Please answer the following essay questions (maximum 150 words each):
- A. Why do you think a trade/technical program is the right path for you? How would the HDF Scholarship help you achieve your career goals?
- B. Do you have any barriers to paying for college courses? If so, please describe these barriers.
- C. Tell us a little about yourself. What drives you to succeed? What strategies will you use to ensure your success as an HDF Scholar?
- Please list the name and contact information of a character reference. Please inform this individual that you are providing this information here and that an HDF staff member may contact them.